Woman's Missionary Union (WMU)
Woman's Missionary Union of North Carolina is a missions organization whose purpose is to challenge, prepare and equip Christian believers to be radically involved in the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
We have scheduled a Ministers’ Wives Banquet for Thursday, September 6 at the UBA. If your church could contribute a monetary donation and/or gift cards, please contact Bessie, email@example.com or 704-283-8383. THANK YOU for your help as we HONOR our ministers’ wives.
Great News! Online Training Courses have been updated to coordinate with the New Guides.
You can access training for:
♦Girls in Action
♦Children in Action
♦Youth on Mission
♦Women on Mission
♦Adults on Mission
♦Blending Women on Mission and Women's Ministry
Go to www.wmunc.org and select Learning from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Online Training is one of the options and then you can register for and complete the course(s) of your choice. Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WMU NC partners with and supports many other Christian organizations and entities including:
- National WMU
- International Mission Board
- North American Mission Board
- NC Baptist Men
- Southern Baptist Convention
- Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of North Carolina
- Baptist Children's Homes of North Carolina
- Baptist Retirement Home of North Carolina
- North American Baptist Women's Union
- Baptist World Alliance Women's Department
- Fellowship of Baptist Educators
- Siloam Missionary Homes
- Campbell University/Campell University Divinity School
- Wingate University
- Habitat for Humanity
The missions & ministries of WMU NC include...
- Restorative Justice (prison) Ministry
- Camp Angel Tree
- NC Baptist Nursing Fellowship
- Camp Mundo Vista
- Minister's Spouses Support
- Military Ministry
- Multicultural Ministries
- Missions Training and Mission Leader Training
- NC Christian Women's Job Corps/Christian Men's Job Corps
- Missions Partnerships
- Missions Organization Start Up
- Missions Organization Support - our staff and Resource Team are available to coach, train and encourage churches, leaders and individuals interested in doing missions through any of our organizations or blending our material with other activities or groups' materials.
- Promotion of Missions Awareness - we promote missions awareness through our organizations, events, partnerships, publications and website as well as WMU curriculum and other materials; our staff, Resource Team and others also frequently speak at church, association and other events.
- Missionary Start Up - a monetary gift is given to each NC native missionary entering into full-time service with the International Mission Board, North American Mission Board or Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Global Missions.
- Short-term Missions Volunteers - financial assistance is provided, as funds allow, to those who feel called to serve Christ through short-term mission trips.
And much, much more!
WMU CORE VALUES
We believe that Jesus Christ, Son of God, gave His life a sacrifice for the salvation of all people of the world, fulfilling God's plan for the ages as revealed in the Bible, God's Holy Word.
We embrace the strategic role of prayer and giving for missionaries and missions needs.
We recognize the role of family in discipleship and missions development.
We recognize the giftedness of women and girls and accept the responsibility to help them use their gifts in serving Christ.
We accept the responsibility for nuturing preschoolers, children, youth and adults in missions.
We accept the responsibility for developing and equipping missions leaders.
We accept the biblical mandate to respond to human need with actions modeled by Jesus Christ and with the message of God's redemptive plan.
We partner with other Great Commission Christians to lead a lost world to Christ.
We uphold the foundational principles of the priesthood of every believer and the autonomy and uniqueness of each local church in carrying out the Great Commission.
WMU AREAS OF MISSIONS FOCUS
Learn About Missions
Pray for Missions
Engage in Mission Action and Witnessing
Develop Spiritually Toward a Missions Lifestyle
Participate in the Work of the Church and Denomination
ASSOCIATIONAL WMU OBJECTIVES
Develop and strengthen WMU in all congregations
Nuture a missions environment in the churches and association
Equip churches to provide missions awareness and involvement
Provide and participate in associational mission activities and projects
The websites of WMU NC and national WMU have helpful information for leaders and members of WMU.
Specific Information for North Carolina
- Calendar of events
- Registration form and information on upcoming events
- Poverty simulation
- Habitat for Humanity Women Build
- Training Events
- Missions Extravaganza
- Summer Camp at Camp Mundo Vista
- Registration forms
- Health forms
- Instructions for parents
- Directions to camp
- Online order forms
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering materials
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering materials
- Heck-Jones Offering materials
- Free Materials
- Member's Connection
- Intended to connect members through prayer, mentoring, encouragement, idea sharing and partnerships
- Prayer requests, question and answer forums
- Opportunity banks for mission projects and events
Provides Information Specifically Related to National WMU
- Missions leader resource information
- WMU logos, age-level logos, clip art
- Bulletin board ideas
- Ideas for celebrating WMU history in your church
- Free downloads
- Dramas and monologues
- White Bible ceremonies
- WMU Promotional videos
- WMU News
- National leadership training opportunities
- Volunteer connection