Research shows that 98% of the fastest growing Sunday Schools have a strategic plan for training their leaders. I would like to assist you and your churches by providing leadership training for Sunday School leaders. New and continuing leaders are currently being enlisted, and it will be helpful for them to know that training is available for them.
If you would like to sponsor and schedule a Regional Sunday School Leadership Training conference in your association, please contact me ASAP. I will begin promoting these events via Constant Contact
, the Biblical Recorder,
and the web site (www.ncbaptist.org/sundayschool
) very soon. If you have one planned that is not on my list, please let me know; I’ll be glad to assist in promoting your event.
The options are as follows:
Conference Options -
· Sunday School in a Transformational Church – A Conference for All Sunday School Leaders
Purpose: Sunday School in a Transformational Church is a ministry of transformational small communities for making and growing disciples. Sunday school exists for the purpose of transforming lives by the power of God. Participants will take away principles and practical ways to create a disciple making, life-transforming environment in the Sunday School with a strong emphasis on prayer dependence. Emphasis will be on the five elements of a Transformational Small Community taken from the “Community” Chapter in Transformational Church, but Stetzer and Rainer:
1. Mission Oriented
2. Word Driven
3. Multiplication Mindset
4. Stranger Welcoming
5. Kingdom Focused
· Transformational Class
Purpose: A general Sunday School conference for 1) General Sunday School Leaders (Sunday School directors, pastors, and ministers of education), 2) all Sunday School leaders taught in one group, or 3) all church members and Sunday School leaders in one group. The purpose of the training is identifying and implementing a strategy for becoming a Transformational Sunday School class. Emphasis will be on the seven elements from Transformational Church, by Stetzer and Rainer as they relate to Sunday School from the book, Transformational Class by David Francis
· Transformational Bible Study (Teaching improvement for all age groups)
Purpose: Sunday School is a biblically based transformational Small Community. In this conference, Sunday School leaders and teachers will take away specific methods to help their class members experience the biblical message in ways that will transform their lives. Topics include 1.) How People Learn, 2.) Developing an Accurate Philosophy of Christian Education, 3.) Practicing Experiential Methodology.
Schedule Options -
· Week Night (M, T, Th.) 6:30 – 9:00 pm – any of the above conference options
· Saturday Morning 9:00 am – 12:30 pm – any of the above conference options
Friday 6:30 – 9:00 pm – Sunday School in a Transformational Church or Transformational Class
Saturday 9:00 am – 12:30 pm – Transformational Bible Study
Procedures and Expenses -
· Names of NC Regional Specialists trained in the above conferences will be provided to associations upon request for their enlistment.
· Phil Stone, State Sunday School Director, is available at no charge, if schedule allows, to teach any of the general leader conferences and/or the adult/student teaching conferences.
· Specialist Honorarium - $100 for the first hour and $50 for each additional hour plus $.51 per mile, necessary meals, and reasonable conference supplies/copies.
· Associational Missionaries may apply for a $500 MPA to assist with expenses.
Please call or email me with any questions you have. 800-395-5102,
Everything is customizable to your needs!
As always, these resources are provided by the Cooperative Program Offerings of NC Baptist Churches.
Looking forward to shared ministry opportunities, I am
Phil Stone, State Sunday School Director
Church Administration and Church Building Planning Ministries
Congregational Services Group
Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
205 Convention Drive • Cary, NC 27511
(919) 459-5643 • (800) 395-5102 ext. 5643