Upcoming Events outside the UBA
We have many opportunities available for you to help others in Union County. There are several options within this message - so I hope you will stick with us to the end!
- We still need volunteers for our Senior Nutrition Program - delivering meals to homebound seniors. This is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour commitment on one day each week.
- Monroe area - 5 volunteers
- Marshville area - 5 volunteers
- Our Parenting with a Purpose Program needs bilingual (Spanish) volunteers on a weekly basis on Thursday evenings from 5:45 until 8:45. This volunteer will help with greeting the parents, getting them registered, and other clerical type tasks throughout the evening. This begins in June.
- We have several new moms that are attending support groups with us. Many of them don't have basic items they need to help take care of their infants. Donations needed:
- Baby clothes (new or gently used)
- Small toys, rattle type, teething rings, etc.
- Baby shampoo, baby wash, etc.
- Food Pantry items that are needed:
- Canned chicken
- Canned ham
- Canned tuna
Can you help with any of these items? If so, you can reply to this email or call at 704-296-4312. Thank you!
Gloria S. Haney, CAVNC, Volunteer Services Coordinator, Department of Human Services
2330 Concord Avenue, Monroe, NC 28110
As a Student Pastor/Director/Leader since I was 22 years old, DYM and the resources they put out have been a great resource to me. I’ve had the opportunity to meet with and have some great conversations with some of the community of DYM.. and they not only produce great content but they genuinely love the community of youth workers. I’m excited for THIS event (https://downloadyouthministry.brushfire.com/events/451546 ) because I believe that we can always learn; that we should never stop seeking new information, new ideas and learning from others. On September 21, we’ll be hearing from 8 of the leading voices in Youth Ministry; Doug Fields, Heather Flies, Mark Oestreicher, Karl Romeus, Katie Edwards, Josh Griffin, Chap Clark, and Kara Powell. We’ll be learning about the Adolescent Brain, how to work (and help parents) and what the heart of a volunteer looks like (.. and it’s not just red and pumps blood..)
I want to personally invite you and your team to come and be a part of this.. (you can register at https://downloadyouthministry.brushfire.com/events/451546). And if you register before April 21, you get the EARLY BIRD price of only $99.